Coorow Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Coorow (6515) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 231 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Coorow is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Coorow was 161 and is comprised of approximately 46.6% females and 53.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of Coorow is 44 years of age.

88.9% of people living in the suburb of Coorow were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.9% England, 3.1% United States of America.

96.3% of people living in Coorow speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 3.7% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Coorow is 30.6% Anglican, 23.1% Catholic, 21.9% No religion, 9.4% Uniting Church, 6.2% Baptist, 6.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.5% Christian, nfd.

49.2% of people are married, 33.9% have never married and 14.5% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Coorow.

70.4% of the people living in Coorow over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 25.9% are working on a part time basis. Coorow has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Coorow are 24.4% Machinery operators & drivers, 19.2% Managers, 15.4% Labourers, 11.5% Technicians & trades workers, 10.3% Professionals, 7.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.7% Community & personal service workers, 3.8% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Coorow work in are 17.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 16.0% Public administration and safety, 16.0% Education and training, 12.0% Transport, postal and warehousing, 9.3% Wholesale trade, 8.0% Accommodation and food services, 8.0% Manufacturing, 5.3% Retail trade, 4.0% Construction.

51.5% of homes are fully owned, and 19.7% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 28.8% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $492 per week and the median household income is $1012 per week.

The median rent in Coorow is $77 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $600 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Coorow postcode 6515

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Exmouth 6707 -> Northern -> Western Australia